Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Blog Post 6: Respons to EOTO Presentations

 

One of the most interesting EOTO technology presentations was on Bluetooth. I am someone who uses bluetooth practically all day and everyday. Apple watch, speaker, car, airpods, laptop and many more things throughout the day. I had heard rumors about what the name actually came from but the fact that a viking king was nicknamed bluetooth is very fascinating. The tooth being blue is disgusting but bluetooth is something that shows advancement in tech but it also is strong. 

Bluetooth security hole attack ...

You can't use bluetooth without a strong connection between the devices so when I think of bluetooth I find it makes my brain just think of the word strong. This king that it was named after was very strong having the capabilities to unite Denmark and also be respected enough to convince people to convert to christianity so early on. Many people, such as myself, didn't know the true legacy that came along with the name bluetooth. My EOTO was on the IPod and how that changed the way we communicate and technology as a whole but bluetooth was the backbone of a lot of tech advancements and communication advancements even before the boom of updated tech that came in the early and late 2000s. Without bluetooth many of the items we have today wouldn't even exist or be usable if they did exist. Jaap Haarsten single handedly made the initial plan for almost every bit of tech that we use without even realizing that he was making something that was going to be so influential to all of society across the world and beyond as bluetooth has recently made its expansion into the field of space exploration. 

What is Bluetooth? The streaming ...

The coolest thing is that it is a byproduct of radio. As crazy as it sounds, radio and bluetooth have always been two separate things to me. I knew that bluetooth could, in a way, jam that of radio waves but I didn't know that it was actually just radio waves as a whole. It is crazy how advanced the technology behind bluetooth is, especially to be discovered and broken down to be studied and figured out in 1999. Even today the technology behind bluetooth is such an advanced field where not many can actually break down the process and explain why it even works. The presentation as a whole was one of my favorites because it opened my eyes into seeing technology very differently than what I thought it was even as someone who uses it everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post 6: Respons to EOTO Presentations

  One of the most interesting EOTO technology presentations was on Bluetooth. I am someone who uses bluetooth practically all day and everyd...